If you are a restaurant owner and need help with kitchen equipment, technology upgrades or unforeseen hardships and those are some of the reasons restaurant owners can apply for the California Restaurant Foundation’s $5,000 grant. Applications are due May 7th and this is a relief fund for burger joints, taquerias, bakeries and more.
To qualify for the grant the restaurant must:
- Be located in California and owned by a California resident
- Be an independent restaurant (not part of a large chain or franchise)
- Have no more than 5 units
- Have under $3 million in annual revenue
- Have been open for at lease one full year.
- Other conditions may apply